The National Board of Directors strives every year to continuously build a professional association and create meaningful value that leads to a sustainable organization. The home inspection industry is changing, CAHPI National is monitoring and responding strategically to meet the association’s key objectives. The National association has many valuable assets, some tangible and some not. As a member, you’ll be recognized as belonging to a respected professional association.
- Canada’s Voice Of The Home Inspection Industry – CAHPI is a professional National association with recognized standards.
- Registered Home Inspector (RHI) Designation - Home Inspectors meeting CAHPI provincial membership criteria earn this valued and recognized RHI designation.
- Highest Industry Membership Qualification - includes respected training institutions providing high quality educational programs; written examination; field training and mentorship; peer-evaluation and field testing. Because CAHPI members meet these high qualification they are the primary source of competent home inspectors across Canada.
- Media – CAHPI is seen as the industry leader that the media seeks out when reporting home inspection news.
Government Relations – CAHPI National collaborates with government through participation on expert panels and technical advisory committees. The National association’s connection with stakeholders gives CAHPI a unique ability to add value, provide our insight and expertise to Provincial and Federal Governments.
Industry Stakeholders – CAHPI National continues to build a network of industry stakeholders; real estate, appraisers, insurance, mortgage professionals, standard development, franchises, home builders. This is evidenced by the signing of two memorandum of understandings with Canada Green Building Council and Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists.
New Business Services – CAHPI National advocates on behalf of the members with stakeholders to develop new opportunities to provide new services in new markets.
Consumer Protection – CAHPI National maintains a bilingual website providing Canadian homebuyers with the resources they need to feel confident when looking to hire a professional home inspector.
Canadian Home Inspector Magazine - offers technical and marketing articles and so much more to keep the membership educated and also to provide the tools needed to operate a successful home inspection business.
The CAHPI Inspector - published bi-weekly, this newsbrief keeps the membership informed of association news, industry news and top news stories from across Canada.
Annual Report – keeps the membership up-to-date on the Association’s activities and goals.
- Enhance Your Network - meet with fellow inspectors at regional meetings and conferences; participate in online forums; find a mentor - being part of the association gives you support where you can assist each other in reaching your professional goals.
- Find An Inspector - cahpi.ca website link, generates revenue and has potential of repeat business which will grow your client base, not to mention only one referral covers the annual membership fee!
- Annual National Conference - offering opportunities for CAHPI members to gain education, comradery and networking with like-minded inspectors, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors of home inspection products/services. In addition, Provincial/Regional Events – held across the country, CAHPI members gain knowledge and insight on current issues and network with colleagues.
- National Affiliate Product & Service Directory – provides CAHPI members with a ‘one-stop’ directory of home inspection products and services for operating a successful home inspection business.
- Members’ On-line Technical Library – learning and reference portal available to CAHPI members.
- Inter-Provincial Mobility Agreement – CAHPI members can transfer from one provincial jurisdiction to another under the CAHPI mobility agreement.
- Be a Volunteer - participate on one of many committees or a board of directors - the rewards far outway the time and you know you will be making a difference.