Value of Membership
The Board of Directors strives every year to continuously build a professional association and create meaningful value that leads to a sustainable organization. The home inspection industry is changing, CAHPI is monitoring and responding strategically to meet the association’s key objectives. The association has many valuable assets and benefits, some tangible and some not. As a member, you’ll be recognized as belonging to a respected professional association.
- Canada’s Voice Of The Home Inspection Industry – CAHPI is a professional National association with recognized standards.
- Registered Home Inspector (RHI)® Designation - Home Inspectors meeting CAHPI membership criteria earn this valued and recognized RHI designation.
- Highest Industry Membership Qualification - includes respected training institutions providing high quality educational programs; written examination; field training and mentorship; peer-evaluation and field testing. Because CAHPI members meet these high qualification they are the primary source of competent home inspectors across Canada.
- Media – CAHPI is seen as the industry leader that the media seeks out when reporting home inspection news.
Government Relations – CAHPI collaborates with government through participation on expert panels and technical advisory committees. As a National association our connection with stakeholders gives CAHPI a unique ability to add value, provide our insight and expertise to Provincial and Federal Governments.
Industry Stakeholders – CAHPI continues to build a network of industry stakeholders; real estate, appraisers, insurance, mortgage professionals, standard development, franchises and home builders. This is evidenced by the signing of two memorandum of understandings with Canada Green Building Council and Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists.
New Business Services – CAHPI advocates on behalf of the members with stakeholders to develop new opportunities to provide new services in new markets.
Consumer Protection – CAHPI maintains a professional website providing Canadian homebuyers with the resources they need to feel confident when looking to hire a professional home inspector.
The CAHPI Inspector - published bi-weekly, this newsbrief keeps the membership informed of association news, industry news and relevant top news stories from across Canada.
Annual General Meeting & Reports – keeps the membership up-to-date on the Association’s activities and goals.
- Enhance Your Network - meet with fellow inspectors at conferences; participate in online forums; find a mentor - being part of the association gives you support where you can assist each other in reaching your professional goals.
- Find A Home Inspector - cahpi.ca website link, generates revenue and has potential of repeat business which will grow your client base, not to mention only one referral covers the annual membership fee!
- CAHPI Group Home & Auto Insurance - Get the insurance you need and save!
- Annual National Conference - offering opportunities for members to gain education, comradery and networking with like-minded inspectors, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors of home inspection products/services.
- National Affiliate Product & Service Directory – provides CAHPI members with a ‘one-stop’ directory of home inspection products and services for operating a successful home inspection business.
- Be a Volunteer - participate on one of many committees or the board of directors - the rewards far outway the time and you know you will be making a difference. Volunteer Form